March 17, 2021
Dear Heritage Manor Residents and Family,
It has now been a year since we were forced to “lockdown” the building, but the time has finally come for indoor visitation in resident rooms. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding throughout this past year as we tried our best to keep everyone safe. We take great pride that up to this point we have had no positive resident cases. We have also had three infection control based surveys in the past year from The Ohio Department of Health with no deficiencies found. This is all due to our staff’s continued hard work and vigilance.
The CDC has worked with The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to provide new guidelines for indoor visitation in nursing homes. This new guidance provides us with two important new changes. The first being visits will now be able to take place in resident rooms. The second being vaccinated residents may choose to have close contact visits, including physical touch, while wearing a well fitted facemask. These are exciting new changes, but we must remember that COVID-19 is still here and a potential threat to all those who work and reside at Heritage Manor. We must remain vigilant in following the core principles of infection control while visiting and out in the community. This includes getting one of the available COVID-19 vaccines when it becomes available to you.
All visits will still need to be scheduled at least a day in advance on our website. We ask that you do not schedule visits more than once every other day, in order for all family members to have a chance to see their loved ones. Visits can’t be scheduled during meal times, as it would require residents to take their mask off. Visitation hours have been expanded to 9:00 a.m. -9:00 p.m. (excluding meal times). Two visitors will be permitted for each scheduled time, and visits can now be up to 60 minutes long. We also will allow two different resident visits to happen at the same time to give families more opportunities to visit.
We will ask scheduled visitors to take a rapid COVID-19 test prior to their first visit of the week. Visitors who have been fully vaccinated will not be asked to take a rapid COVID-19 test prior to any visits(must submit vaccination card). For those that will be tested prior to a visit, you will need to arrive 20 minutes prior to the scheduled visit time. Please park at the front door and then call the front desk to let them know you are here. A staff member will come outside to test you in your car. You will provide the staff member with your phone number then park your car. The rapid tests return a result in 15 minutes. A staff member will notify you of the result on the number you provided. If the results of the test are negative you will be permitted to come inside the building for the visit. If you are visiting in a compassionate care situation COVID-19 testing is not required.
Please continue to check our website and Facebook weekly for updates. With the new information we are presented with every day this is the best way to communicate in a timely manner.
Please review the entire updated Indoor Visitation (COVID-19) policy enclosed in this letter. This policy was made to ensure the safety of all residents, visitors, and staff members during indoor visits.
Shane Baldwin, LNHA
Director of Operations
Indoor Visitation (COVID-19) Policy:
It is the policy of Heritage Manor to allow residents to visit indoors with their family members in a safe manner during the COVID-19 pandemic. This policy will outline all protective measures Heritage Manor will have in place to ensure the safety of all residents, staff members, and visitors during indoor visits.
Policy Explanation and Compliance Guidelines:
Indoor visits will take place in resident rooms (if private). If a resident resides in a shared room the visit will take place in the Boardroom at the main entrance of the building.
- Only one visit can be conducted in the Boardroom at a time.
- The boardroom will be cleaned after each visit with an appropriate COVID-19 killing disinfectant.
- A limit of two different residents may have visits at one time in their rooms.
- Resident’s rooms will be cleaned daily with appropriate COVID-19 killing disinfectant.
Indoor visitation will be available 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. -9:00 p.m. (excluding meal times).
- Indoor visits must be scheduled in advanced by resident family members on our website heritagemanor.org.
- Residents will be permitted to have a visit every other day.
- Only two visitors are permitted at one time. (visitors unable to follow social distancing guidelines will not be permitted)
- Visits will be up to 60 minutes long.
- Residents who are positive for COVID-19 or in a 14 day quarantine may not have visitors.
COVID-19 screening in accordance to ODH guidelines must be passed by the visitor the day of the visit.
- An indoor visitation log of those screened will be kept for 6 months.
- Those who are fully vaccinated will not be asked to take a rapid COVID-19 test prior to visits(must provide copy of vaccine card).
- Those who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine will be asked to take a rapid COVID-19 test prior to their first visit during the week.
Visitors who are visiting residents in their rooms must go directly to that room and directly back to the main entrance once the visit has ended.
- If you are observed outside of the resident’s room during the visit time, you will be asked to leave.
- If you are observed visiting with other staff members or other residents who you are not scheduled to visit with, you will be asked to leave.
- If you need assistance during a visit please use the resident’s call light and wait for staff to arrive.
Residents and visitors will adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention at all times during indoor visits.
- Facemasks will be worn at all times by both residents and visitors during the indoor visit.
- Facemasks will be provided for visitors, no cloth masks will be permitted.
- Eating will not be permitted during visits because it would require the removal of the facemasks.
- Visitors will wear protective eyewear.
- Good hand hygiene will be practiced during indoor visits.
- Both resident and visitor will use hand sanitizer before and after the visit.
Six feet social distancing will be practiced as much as practicable during indoor visitation.
- If a resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after. Visitors must still physically distance from other residents and staff in the facility.
- Six feet social distancing will be maintained at all times for non-vaccinated residents and there is to be no physical contact with visitors during their indoor visit.
Indoor visitation may be paused or stopped due to an increase or decrease in the in the following factors:
- Case status in the surrounding community.
- Case status in the home.
- Staffing levels.
- Access to adequate testing for residents and staff.
- Personal Protective equipment supplies.
- Local hospital capacity.
Visits may be canceled due to a high number of COVID-19 cases spreading in the surrounding areas. Heritage Manor will use The Ohio Public Health Advisory System (PHAS) to determine if or when it is necessary to stop visitation.
- When the facility has to halt indoor visitation due to these circumstances window visits and facetime will be offered in place of coming in the building.
Our visitation schedule is available on the state Long-Term Care Facility Visitation Dashboard.
- Must schedule visits 24 hours in advance at heritagemanor.org
- Only two visitors are permitted at one time. (no visitors that are unable to follow social distancing guidelines)
- Visitors must provide a state ID as well as contact information for contact tracing purposes (phone number and address).
- The day of the visit please call to let the receptionist know once you have arrived so you can be tested(if applicable) in your car. Once we have the result of your COVID-19 rapid test we will notify you to enter the building. Enter the building at the main entrance for further COVID-19 screening. If all COVID-19 screening is passed you may proceed with the visit. If COVID-19 screening isn’t passed the indoor visit will be canceled.
- Once COVID-19 screening is passed, you will sanitize hands and put on a facemask and protective eyewear. Facemasks must be worn at all times.
- You will then either enter the Heritage Manor Boardroom attached to the front lobby or go directly to the resident’s room you are visiting.
- When in the visitation areas 6 feet social distancing must be practiced at all times with non-vaccinated residents and there is to be no physical contact with the resident you are visiting under any circumstance. Vaccinated residents may choose if they wish to have close contact visits and physical contact. You must perform hand hygiene before and after physical contact.
- No food is permitted during indoor visits as it would require facemasks to be taken off.
- You must sanitize your hands at the end of the visit.
- The bathroom in the front office can be used by visitors if needed. Visitors will be required to re-sanitize their hands before going back into the visitation area.
- Residents that are not COVID-19 positive, not in quarantine, and not showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will be allowed to participate in indoor visitation.
- A staff member will bring you to the Boardroom or direct your visitor to your room when there is a scheduled visit.
- You will be reminded on the risks of COVID-19 and how it spreads prior to visits.
- You must sanitize your hands prior to the visit and at the completion of the visit. Staff members will assist residents with this if they are unable to on their own.
- A facemask must be worn at all times during the indoor visit.
- Six feet social distancing must be practiced at all times if you are non-vaccinated and there is to be no physical contact with your visitor under any circumstance. If you are vaccinated you can choose if you want to have close contact visits and physical contact. You must perform hand hygiene before and after physical contact.
The above rules will be strictly enforced to ensure the safety of all residents, visitors, and staff members of Heritage Manor. Therefore those who do not follow these rules will be asked to leave immediately. Those who fail to follow these rules will not be permitted to schedule further visits until meeting with Administration.
If you are having problems with scheduling a visit please contact Tina Davis or Shane Baldwin at 330-746-1076.