Art Gallery CuratorJob #100 Category: JCC
JOB TITLE: Art Gallery Curator (Part-time)
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
The Art Gallery Curator will contribute to the vision, mission, and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by curating art exhibitions for the Thomases Family Endowment of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation Art Gallery with standards of excellence. This part-time position will work directly with the JCC Program Manager and Gallery Committee to ensure that the gallery continues to showcase diverse artistic perspectives from local and regional artists as well as artists from across the United States in accordance with committee goals and the mission statement of the JCC of Youngstown.
- Curate 4-7 shows per year, with an opening at the beginning of each show and two to four gallery talks per year. At least one show per year should have a Jewish connection.
- Develop working relationships with artists to create an effective link between the artist and their audience
- Create and schedule programs that develop an artistically appreciative audience and enhance community involvement
- Coordinate with JCC staff and committees to prepare gallery budgets and engage in ongoing planning and business development
- Manage exhibit preparation and maintenance by coordinating with artists and JCC Facility & Maintenance department to arrange transportation and installation of artwork
- Coordinate with JCC Marketing department to successfully promote exhibits and events
- Engage in routine evaluation, along with staff and committees, and make changes to ensure high quality and meaningful programs for members and the general public
- Communicate and cooperate with colleagues and lay leaders as part of the Programs team, including attending and facilitating meetings as needed
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental policies
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor
The ideal candidate has a degree in art, art history, or a related field, and is a self starter with a high level of organization, able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidate must be a high quality communicator who works well in a team environment. Must be proficient with MSOffice and Google Suite.
Please send resume to:
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504