Personal Trainer - Jewish Community CenterJob #100 Category: JCC
The Personal Trainer’s purpose is to build a client base that contributes to departmental revenues by maintaining an existing client base, marketing programs and services, and utilizing the highest quality of customer service.
- Maintain a personal commitment to meeting the needs of members and guests.
- Demonstrate correct use of all weight and cardiovascular equipment.
- Conduct client interviews and counsel members on exercise recommendations based on fitness evaluations as well as members’ needs and goals.
- Establish and meet goals regarding a minimum number of personal training sessions per week (average).
- Participate in all staff related meetings and other required activities.
- Behave as a role model by leading and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Dress professionally, according to the current dress code standards.
- Perform a customer service role by assisting members in monitoring their exercise programs, encouraging members to reach their fitness and wellness goals, and handling member concerns and complaints quickly and effectively.
- Actively market and promote personal training to acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Contact new members within a month of joining to schedule complimentary fitness orientations.
- Recommend changes for programming and services in line with current market trends.
- Be an advocate for the JCC at ALL times.
- Participate in all in-service staff training sessions.
- Display a professional and enthusiastic attitude with members at all times.
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Personal trainers must have a minimum of two years of education in the field of exercise science or a related field and at least two years’ experience in a similar position; or a Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a combination of education and experience. They must also have a nationally recognized personal training certification from NSCA or ACSM preferred. Other certifying bodies will be considered. Personal trainers must have current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire). They must be able to physically and verbally demonstrate proper usage of equipment.
Please send resume to:
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504