Water Safety Instructor - Jewish Community CenterJob #100 Category: JCC
The Water Safety Instructor will contribute to the Vision, Mission and Values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by planning and teaching private and group swim lessons for members and non-members under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Provides swimming and water safety instruction to students of all ages and abilities.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, and consistent with Judaic values.
- Helps to create new approaches to serve the needs of program participants.
- Adheres to program standards, including safety and cleanliness standards, and ensures consistency with evidence-based practices.
- Maintains constant supervision of students, identifies students who need assistance, and supports students as necessary to ensure a positive learning environment.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows JCC policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relationships with parents and caregivers and other staff.
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Instructors must be at least 16 years old. It is crucial that all WSI’s must be passionate about working with children: background in youth development a bonus. Current certificates preferred - American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First-Aid certification, American Red Cross Blood Pathogen, American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. The JCC can train/certify staff on all certifications if candidate is not yet certified but fits our mission and values.
Should display sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities. Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time. WSI’s are occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Has the ability to lift up to 30-50lbs and pull pool covers ranging 30-50lbs.
Please send resume to:
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504