Fitness Attendant - Jewish Community CenterJob #100 Category: JCC
The Fitness Attendant will contribute to the vision, mission, and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by providing excellent member service, implementing standard operations, and enforcing policies, monitoring, & cleanliness in the Fitness Center including equipment & laundry.
- Assist in the supervision and safe operation of the fitness center.
- Greet members and guests and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Perform cleaning and preventive maintenance as required.
- Maintain towel supply.
- Attend all scheduled shifts on time and appropriately attired.
- Assist guests in obtaining information & conduct equipment orientations.
- Be an advocate for the JCC at ALL times.
- Participate in all in-service staff training sessions.
- Display a professional and enthusiastic attitude with members at all times.
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Fitness Attendants must have current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire). They must be able to physically and verbally demonstrate proper usage of equipment. Physical requirements include: lifting, pushing/pulling, squatting/bending, and walking. Also required to communicate clearly and professionally with members at all times. Wellness experience is preferred but not required. College coursework in health and sport sciences and certification as a trainer or group fitness instructor are also preferred but not required.
Please send resume to:
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504