School of Music Drum Instructor - Jewish Community CenterJob #100 Category: JCC
The School of Music Drum Instructor will contribute to the vision, mission, and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by preparing and teaching lessons to our School of Music percussion students with standards of excellence. This part-time position will work directly with the JCC Program Manager to ensure that students receive high quality percussion instruction in accordance with the School of Music goals and the mission statement of the JCC of Youngstown.
- Teach groups and individuals the basic beats and skills of percussion instruments
- Plan and program lessons according to students’ needs and skill levels
- Coordinate lesson times with the JCC Bursar and School of Music parents
- Create an encouraging, fun, and focused lesson atmosphere
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental policies
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor
The ideal candidate has a degree in music or has several years of experience playing percussion instruments. They must have an advanced understanding of drum techniques and music theory. They must have previous experience teaching, preferably with children and/or beginning musicians. Must be a self starter with a high level of organization.
Please send resume to:
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504