Preschool Teacher - JCCJob #100 Category: JCC
JOB TITLE: Preschool Teacher
DEPARTMENT: Early Learning Center
SUPERVISOR: Early Learning Director
The Preschool Teacher will contribute to the mission, vision, and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by instructing preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility. We are a center that follows a “Child First” philosophy, meaning that all decisions and actions are done with the child’s best interests in mind, and all efforts are made to give each child a sense of belonging, safety, and purpose.
- Lead and maintain a safe, clean, and caring classroom where children are free to learn and explore.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development that allign with the Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS).
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health, both in a group setting and also as individuals.
- Create, prepare, and implement innovative lesson plans through Teaching Strategies Gold and the Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS).
- Work closely with parents and guardians to develop a meaningful experience for each child.
- Work closely, effectively, and professionally with you room’s co and/or assistant teachers to provide a safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Maintain your classroom, paperwork, and procedures according to Ohio licensing and Step Up To Quality regulations and guidelines.
- Perform various classroom and environmental rating scale assessments throught each year.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Complete the required number of Ohio Approved Professional Development hours every biennium (ELC requires 30 hours every two years).
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers in accordance with ODJFS guidelines and regulations.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Uphold and act according to the Child First philosophy stated in the description.
- Complete all other tasks assigned by supervisors.
High School diploma or GED required. CDA or college degree (Associates, Bachelors etc) in a related field is preferred. Certifications which include First Aid, CPR, Child Neglect, and Communicable Diseases to be completed within first 90 days of employment. Candidate must be able to pass an FBI/BCI background check.
Please send resume to:
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504