Group Exercise Instructor - JCCJob #100 Category: JCC
JOB TITLE: Group Exercise Instructor
REPORTS TO: Wellness Coordinator
The Group Exercise Instructor will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by instructing aerobic classes for the overall health & well-being of JCC members.
1. Instruct a fitness class, following the class description. Classes will consist of warm-up, conditioning phase, and cool-down phase. Fitness classes are inclusive to classes listed in the program guide.
2. Be prompt and arrive at least 10 minutes before class. Begin and end class on time.
3. Clock in and out within seven minutes of the hour.
4. Accurately record class participation numbers.
5. Ensure that any used equipment is picked up, put away and stereo equipment is turned off, check all windows and fans in group x room before leaving the facility.
6. Identify and demonstrate behaviors that are critical to the success of the fitness department.
7. Be an advocate for the JCC at ALL times.
8. Participate in all in-service staff training sessions.
9. Display at all times a professional and enthusiastic attitude.
10. Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal candidate has one or more years teaching experience. Is certified by ACE, ACSM, AFAA, or similar certifications. Group exercise instructors have current CPR/First-Aid certifications on file. Instructor is certified in a field of Specialty (Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, etc.)
Please send resume to:
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504