Job Title: Director, Levy Gardens
Reports to: Executive Director of Senior Services
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director shall be responsible for the assisted living programs and the building. The Director shall administer the day to day operations in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local rules and laws to ensure the highest degree of personal care, quality and satisfaction for our tenants. The Director shall be responsible for all planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and improving of program services. Serves as case manager to tenants ensuring pre-occupancy screening, assessments and care/service plans with tenants, families and other necessary individuals. The Director shall be responsible for personnel practice in accordance with established personnel policies in accordance with policies of Heritage Manor and the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures the highest quality service needed and desired by the tenants.
- Maintains ongoing compliance with appropriate federal, state, and local agencies regulating assisted living.
- Promotes team building through the concept of integrated services with tenant associates, activities, maintenance, and the entire staff.
- Oversees and audits all programs and procedures including, but not limited to, care delivery, infection control, environmental, food, and administrative services.
- Oversees tenant’s plans, coordination of communication and treatments with tenant’s physician, pharmaceutical service, and direct staff to implement needed changes.
- Supports and participates in tenant-centered programming and services.
- Make daily rounds to ensure the health and safety of the tenants.
- Oversees the Quality Assurance program including, but limited to, care/service plan updates, facilitating tenant council meetings, grievances, medication administration, care delivery, incidence reports, infection control or other areas as identified.
- Acts as Infection Control designee, in accordance with Ohio Department of Health regulations.
- Facilitates successful survey process and results with applicable organizations including, but not limited to, Ohio Department of Health, Division of State Fire Marshal, Area Agency on Aging, Mahoning County Health Department, and the City of Youngstown.
- Responsible for current Policy and Procedure manual and creating/editing policies as indicated.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff in consultation with Executive Director to ensure the highest quality of service to the tenants consistent with a residential lifestyle.
- Responsible for ensuring a reasonable and efficient plan for staffing, including in absence of the Director.
- Assures staff maintains proper training and licensure (CEUs) including planning, conducting, and scheduling in-services.
- The Director shall be on-call and complete tasks as needed for the benefit of the assisted living facility.
- Conducts tours, coordinate admissions/move-in, and orientates new tenants to the building. Coordinates transfers and move-out of tenants if necessary.
- Helps prepare and administer the annual budget to monitor and maintain cost controls of the assisted living operation. Processes invoices, payroll, enrollments (financial payors/waiver coordination as appropriate) and assists with collections as needed.
- Facilitates occupancy growth and markets the assisted living program and maintains confidentiality.
- Oversees transportation program of Senior Services.
- Engages in community outreach for the good of the Federation and Senior Services programs.
- Works with appropriate department heads of the Heritage Manor to ensure a quality experience for tenants.
- Demonstrates an appreciation for the values and traditions of the Jewish faith.
- Participates on the Levy Gardens Assisted Living Management Committee.
- Participates in Human Services Board and Federation Department meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business, or gerontology (or related field) preferred. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience in a senior care facility is required.
- Registered Nurse preferred but will consider Licensed Practical Nurse with experience as noted above.
- Proven track record in developing, implementing, and evaluating resident care systems.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of computer and software systems including documents and spreadsheets.
- Should possess excellent people skills and the ability to relate to high functioning seniors in a sensitive, caring, and professional way.
- Exposed to body fluids, infection, odors, and behavior of tenants.
- Exposed to chemical/cleaning solutions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds comfortably.
- Certain activities may require repetitive movements such as crouching, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability in order to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.